Monday, September 3, 2007

Movie Review: Superbad -- Yet Another Movie that Doesn't Live Up to Its Name

Superbad is definitely one of those "lowbrow" movies that you pretend to hate despite the fact that it made you laugh so much you nearly (okay, actually) peed your pants a little. While full of the penis and va-jay-jay jokes that are so prevalent in high school flicks, the comedic timing of leads Jonah Hill and Michael Cera coupled with stellar performances by the supporting cast makes this the best thing going since American Pie. This one is not to miss -- just be sure to go see it alone, so later you can talk loudly around the water cooler about how you cannot believe this shit gets made when no one has even considered remaking such quality comedic programming as Maude.

Memorable Quotes:
Jules: You scratch our back and we'll scratch yours.
Seth: Well, the funny thing about my back, is that it's located on my cock.

Seth: Why don't you go pee your pants?
Greg the Soccer Player: That was like 8 years ago!
Seth: People don't forget!

Evan: Just imagine if girls weren't weirded out by our boners and stuff, and just like wanted to see them. That's the world I one day want to live in.


Becca: I'm so wet right now.

Evan: Yeah... they said that would happen in Health Class.

[To his teacher]
Seth: Look, we all know Home Ec. is a joke. No offense. It's just like everyone takes this class to get an A. It's bullshit, and I'm sorry. And I'm not putting down your profession, but it's just the way I feel. I don't want to sit here all by myself, cooking this shitty food - no offense - and I just think that I don't ever need to cook tiramisu. When am I gonna need to cook tiramisu? Am I gonna be a chef? [pause] No. There's three weeks left in school - give me a fuckin' break. I'm sorry for cursing.

No comments: