Thursday, August 27, 2009

In which I discover the benefit of anti-lock brakes.

[Ed. Note: God I hated living in Buffalo. Reasons are listed below.]

From elvi slives
Sent Wednesday, December 26, 2001 10:02 pm
To XXXX
Subject Re: Yet more changes...

Dear L-

Dear lord, we have gotten like another foot of snow since last we spoke (THIS AFTERNOON)! And it has NOT STOPPED! I f*cking hate Buffalo and all these stupid little bastards with all-wheel drive who honk at me because my car can't shift from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip. On the positive side, doing a full 360' on black ice on an abandoned country road at 2 am in the morning is easier than you think. I am, how you say? Lucky.

On a negative note, it is getting to be a little like The Shining around here. I think that I have been outside of the house a grand total of 6 hrs since I arrived (INCLUDING CHRISTMAS AT MY NAN'S! Don't ask, it wasn't pretty). Last night I found myself silently whispering redrum, redrum while I watched only the second L&O of the day (can you imagine? Here it is only on twice?!?!?! Oh, the horror!)

Okay, enough about me. J- sent me an email asking me to come, which I now plan on doing until otherwise notified. Is there anything that you want me to bring you from here or NY before I make the trip down? My flight (supposedly) gets in around 7 am, then I am going to head straight to the train station, where I will proceed directly to J-'s part of [redacted] (a location to be determined at a later date).

See ya then (thanks for the undies!).

elvi slives

PHOTO: Nobody puts Lenny in the corner.

No comments: