Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wherein I Discover the International Appeal of the Snickers Bar.

Hello again, all. I'm sorry I've been away for so long, but truth is, I've been completely uninspired to write anything. Mainly because I've been too busy watching the variety of behavioral disorder shows on A&E (holy shit Obsessed is awesome! You could say I was obsessed with it. But then you'd be a douche). Anyway, I did want to get in the habit of putting something up, and stumbled across a few old emails that I thought were funny (hopefully, out of context, as I'm too lazy to remember the main plot behind most of them). Hope you enjoy them.

[Ed. Note: After college, several of my friends left the country in search of jobs and lower rent. H- was one of them.]

From elvi slives
Sent Tuesday, August 28, 2001 10:28 am
To "H-"
Subject Yakkety, Yak! (But do they talk back?)
Dear H-:

I think that we may have already had this conversation before, but Canada is in one of the Americas. It is right above the US. Nevermind.

Anyway, just to let you know, there is not one week that goes by that I don't ask the Mulberry crew where you are. Then they remind me that you moved to Mongolia, and we all laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh
(but not at you).

I am currently still homeless, but I think that my luck may change in the near future. I am looking at a house in Brooklyn (by the museum no less) that is fantastic and super cheap! Well, not super, but cheap enough. I also still don't have a job, and my one here ends on Friday. But I am not panicking yet -- not until the bill collectors
come a'banging. Then I might have to do something drastic--like move back to S-- (it's a lot like Mongolia with the animals and stuff, only less cilivized).

Yar, yar, yar--sounds like everything in Mongolia is great! I think they sell those snickers bars here in America too! And all this time, I thought that they were an American thing .... Who knew that I enjoyed ethnic treats?

How did the cab driver cheat you out of a $100? Was it American or Mongolian? Do you have his address? I just happen to know a couple of ex-KBG officers who are looking for part-time gigs in that area ...

Did you notice that I managed to go this entire email without making one snide comment? Weird, huh?

All right, I have to go pretend to be productive now. Say hi to everyone for me!

love,

elvi slives

No comments: