Friday, August 28, 2009

Queens was apparently always a sore subject for me.

[Ed. Note: This is an email I sent to a friend about shopping. And my hatred of snow. And Queens. In that order.]

From elvi slives
Sent Friday, February 7, 2003 11:39 am
To L-
Subject Dear Suckley McSuck

Shopping was great ... even as we speak I am sitting in a lovely pair of pants that match an awesome jacket that I've had forever but rarely worn because I did not, at that time, own a bottom set that matched it so perfectly as these pants that I am, once again, currently wearing in preparation for an interview. I also have a pair of high heels, perhaps not worn by the inhabitants of the artic as they attempt to scale large, snow-laden mountains or the west side, which apparently no one felt the need to shovel since it was obviously more fun to watch a girl in a new pair of pants making furtive deals with whatever god was listening to not let her rip her fabulous pants on the icey sidewalks. And don't EVEN get me started on Queens.

Also, you'll be happy to know that I have NO problem kicking people in the shins -- as a matter of fact, I just kneed some old lady in the groin, and it wasn't even for a furby. That bitch tried to steal a seat from me on the train -- you HAVE a cane, Lady, LEAN ON IT!

Could life get any better? I submit that it could not.

Cheers,

elvi slives


PHOTO: MPD can be a bit treacherous when it snows. Be sure to wear snowboots.

No comments: