Monday, June 25, 2007

If I Were Dating Barack Obama, I Would So Be Breaking Up With Him Right Now

For the past few months, I have been, let's say "actively" pursued by the Barack Obama for President Campaign via email, snail mail and telephone. However, I’m not prepared to take the next step in our relationship, so I’ve sent him a Dear John letter to let him know that I no longer feel the same way. It is posted below for your reference/amusement.

It’s not you, Barack, it’s me. I’m just not ready for this kind of commitment. At first I thought it was sweet that you emailed me every day. It really showed that you cared, which was definitely new for me. I hardly ever heard from Al when we were together, and Hillary only ever has her hand out. I *really* thought that we had something special, but then things changed. All of the sudden, I was getting 3 or 4 emails from you a day. Plus, you invited me to dinner and then reneged. How was that supposed to make me feel?!?!! You probably don't even realize just how callous it was to have your intern ring me to see if I would be attending the fundraiser you had invited me to. But the final straw was that letter I got from your wife telling me that you were a family man, and that, given the chance, she knew that you could make a huge difference in my life. Now, I've had some weird relationships, but this takes the cake. Why would you even bring her into this???!?!!

I just think that, at this time, it is best for us to go our separate ways. I really like you and want great things for you, but we’re no good together. Let’s just try to be friends. The kind that never ever contact each other.


PHOTO: I know it's sad Barack, but let's just try to remember the good times. And the fact that if you call me again, I will get a restraining order.

No comments: