Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Instructables.com has Taught Me How to be a Better (and More Criminally Adept) Person

At a recent party, a friend of a friend told me about a website that she was interning for, which was basically "Youtube for instruction manuals." I am not sure if Instructables.com is the same company she was talking about, but boy is it amazing. I've spent only ten minutes on the site, and yet I already know how to tear a phone book in half, use a tree to restrain a prisoner of war, and to crack passwords on Windows XP. The only drawback is that Richard Dean Anderson had no hand in creating this website, so I fear their library of workarounds constructed from practical knowledge of science and inventive uses for common items may never be fully complete.

PHOTO: Finally, a website that answers the age-old question.

No comments: